Vision, purpose, goals and values
EngineeringUK was formed in 2002 as The Engineering and Technology Board, a charity established to promote engineers, engineering and technology by raising public awareness.
To promote the vital contribution that engineers, engineering and technology make to our society and to inspire people at all levels to pursue careers in engineering and technology.
• To improve the perception of engineers and engineering
• To improve the supply of engineers
That the UK should be a place where the value of engineering is understood and appreciated and where the career opportunities for individuals within engineering are evident whether he/she is still at school or preparing to re-skill in later life.
Everything we do is based on clear and up-to-date evidence, gained by listening to and learning from our community. We are open and honest with our insights and use them to inspire young people into engineering.
• We build our reputation on high quality research
• We gather and share knowledge and expertise from partners to understand the whole picture
• We use our insight to make positive impact
• We evaluate all of our work to ensure we focus on what matters
We are passionate about inspiring a new generation of engineers and making a positive difference to young people’s lives.
• We are innovative in inspiring young people about the possibilities of STEM.
• We are enthusiastic about our work and proud to tell others about what’s going on.
• We recognise and celebrate success.
We work with others to maximise collective impact. We value diversity and we target our promotion of STEM to encourage a more diverse engineering community.
• We deliver shared goals through consulting, listening and responding to others
• We work with and enable others to achieve better outcomes
• We are proactive in identifying and targeting underrepresented groups
• We respect others and are non-judgemental and inclusive in everything we do.